Virtual Private Network (VPN) services are popular among the users who wants to keep their internet activities anonymous or private. VPN is also popular among the internet users who want to bypass the country restriction imposed by some websites. By using any VPN tool you can easily bypass the country specific restriction for any websites. Now if you are using Windows 10 Pro and Home, here is how to set up VPN Connection on Windows 10.
As I said earlier, A VPN (Virtual Private Network) extends a private network across public networks and allows the host computer to send and receive data across public or shared network which looks like the integral part of private network. If you had set up VPN on your Windows 8 / 8.1 PC earlier then you would find its set up in Windows 10 similar. If not, you can follow the below given steps by steps guide to setup VPN connection on Windows 10. I have also added a video tutorial at the end of the article, just in case you would like to watch rather than read.
How to Setup VPN Connection on Windows 10
Step 1: Open the Settings menu and then open Network and Internet
Step 2: Under Network and Internet, select VPN (Virtual Private Network)
Step 3: Next, click on Add a VPN connection for new VPN connection.
Step 4: Now a new Add a VPN connection window should pop up. Enter following details in Add a VPN connection window.
- VPN Provider : Default Windows (Built In)
- Connection Name: Provide any name of your choice. For easy understanding name it as VPN 1.
- Server Name or Address: This will be provided by your VPN company. If you don’t have this detail already, contact your VPN service provider to know the details.
- VPN Type: Set it to Automatic
- Type of Sing-in Info: Select User Name and Password if you have any. If it is a free VPN connection leave the fields blank.
Step 5: Once done, click on Save button to save the settings.
You can find your saved VPN connection under connections. Click on your VPN connection and select connect to connect it to the internet. Now your VPN connection will verify your credentials with the server to login. Once logged in you can now access any blocked or country restricted websites without any problem on your Windows 10 PC.