Download and Install Windows 10 on Windows 7/ 8 / 8.1 PC: As promised by Microsoft, Windows 10 is available from today in 93 countries. The Windows 10 will be available as a free upgrade for Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 users who have genuine copy of Windows installed. Now the Windows 10 is out, here we will take a look at how to install Windows 10 on PC.
Now you can install Windows 10 in your PC through two ways. One is through in-place upgrade which would allow you to directly upgrade your PC to Windows 10 without disturbing program and files in your computer. The second way is to perform a clean install, which would basically wipe-out everything from your PC. Follow these steps to know how to install Windows 10 in your PC.
Method 1: Direct Upgrade to Windows 10
As mentioned above you can easily upgrade to Windows 10 without losing any of your files and programs. Before you proceed with upgrading, make sure that you fulfil the below given pre-requisites.
Step 1: Pre-requisites
- A working and stable internet connection with enough bandwidth to download the Windows 10 that is around 3GB and post driver updates.
- You have enough storage space available on your computer.
System Requirement to Install Windows 10:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800×600
- Make sure that you have installed genuine Windows 7/ 8 /8.1 installed on your PC.
Step 2: Install Windows 10
To install Windows 10, you need to install Windows media creation tool from Microsoft. You can download it from below.
Once downloaded, run the media creation tool and select “Upgrade this PC now” option and follow the onscreen instructions to successfully install Windows 10 on your PC.
Method 2: Perform Clean Install using Bootable Drive
The second method requires you to download the ISO file, burn it to a DVD or USB and then use it to install Windows 10 or perform a clean install.
You can follow this detailed guide from Techswatch to Download Windows 10 ISO File, else follow below given steps to know how to do it.
Step 1: Pre-Requisites
Make sure that you have taken full back up of your PC data, as performing cleaning install will delete everything from your hard drive.
Next, make sure you meet the pre-requisites mentioned above.
Step 2: Install Windows 10 from ISO
1. Now download media creation tool based on your Windows version that is 32-bit or 64-bit.
2. Once downloaded, run the tool and select “Create installation media for another PC”.
Now here there are two option either you can download Windows 10 installation file to USB or DVD or download an ISO File. We will continue with ISO file, so select ISO File option as you can later mount the ISO to USB device to make bootable USB drive and install it on other PCs as well.
3. Next, you have to select a folder where the ISO file will be downloaded. Once the downloading starts, wait till the ISO file is downloaded.
4. Download Rufus from here – Rofus is a utility that helps in creating bootable USB flash drive.
5. Next, plug in your USB Device, make sure you have formatted it.
6. Open Rufus and select your USB drive under Rufus window, next select the Windows 10 ISO file from your computer and create a bootable Windows 10 USB Drive.
7. Once you have created a Windows 10 bootable USB drive, you can plugin in the bootable USB flash drive to any genuine Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 running computer and perform a clean Windows 10 install.
So, this was about how to install Windows 10 on PC. Do let us know if you have any doubts and suggestions in the comments below.